Dear Kid Works Families,
We want to assure you that in this ever-evolving Coronavirus situation, we are doing everything we can to stay informed and provide a safe environment for your children. Based on guidance we received Friday afternoon on a dedicated conference call for childcare centers across the state with officials from Ohio we have every intention to stay open to serve those that need childcare in order to continue working. To accomplish this we will need everyone’s cooperation to protect all of your children and our staff so here are some things we are asking of you:
- Please, under no circumstances bring a sick child to the center. They will be sent home immediately. We will be monitoring temperatures and no child with a fever will be permitted to stay.
- If you have alternate care for your children, please keep the children home, the less crowded we are, the better for all involved.
- If you or siblings are ill please keep your children home.
- Practice good hygiene and wash your hands if entering the building.
- Those using TAP equipment please use the app on your phone instead of our touchpads to reduce cross-contamination.
As has been recommended, “social distancing” is critical to containing the spread of the virus. This is obviously difficult to do in a daycare environment but we will do the best under the circumstances. As such we have taken the following steps to keep the centers as germ-free as possible.
- We are limiting all outside contact as much as possible. We ask that instead of coming into the classrooms at drop off or pickup that you drop off your children at the front door or foyer to one of our staff members, however this will be dependent on staffing, so if there is no one to greet you, please wash your hands upon entering and drop your child off at their classroom door – but please do not enter the classrooms.
- We will be limiting access to our buildings to essential personnel only
- We will be limiting transitions between the classrooms and have closed our indoor play spaces. We will be allowing the children to use the outdoor play areas only and will be requiring the staff to wipe down the touch points between classes.
- We are limiting movement between classrooms as much as possible.
Cleaning and Sanitizing:
- We have been working diligently this weekend to clean and sanitize our buildings. We contracted with Pure Air, a company that uses fogging equipment to disinfect the entire building and contents. We also had them apply a protective layer (safe for humans) that kills viruses and bacteria on contact for 90 days.
- We have procured additional sanitizing supplies and have increased the frequency of sanitizing all high touch areas
- We have instituted an hourly minimum for hand washing for all staff and children
We realize this is a stressful time for you as well as your children and as always appreciate the cooperation and support of our centers. Please feel free to speak with our administrative staff for more detailed information or questions you may have.
Our amazing staff is working tirelessly behind the scenes to be able to provide a much needed service to our community.
Thank you for all of your support!
The Kid Works Team